- In Toronto 19,000 people are living with HIV, more than ever before
- There is at least one person newly diagnosed with HIV in Toronto every day
- An estimated 75,000 people are living with HIV and AIDS in Canada
- 25% of people living with HIV in Canada don’t know they have it
- 26,400 Canadians have died from the epidemic since it began
ACT’s programs and services truly make a difference in the lives of people living with and most affected by HIV and AIDS in Toronto, while leading the way in outreach and HIV prevention strategies. Here are just some of the impacts your sponsorship, donations and pledge collections have on ACT’s work.
You can make a difference!
$40 gives on person living with HIV three hours of emotional support through the Buddy Program
$100 provides one month of peer support, information and practical advice for a young person living with HIV through our Positive Youth Outreach (PYO) program
$250 provides safer sex kits and information for 50 people at risk for HIV through our outreach initiatives
$500 provides a hot lunch and social support for up to 60 people living with HIV through our two weekly hot lunch programs
$1,000 provides 30 hours of confidential counselling to men, women and young people living with, affected by or at risk for HIV
$1,200 provides a person living with HIV with 6 months of career counselling and training support to help them become ready for work through our Employment ACTion program