September 10 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Host a Red Ribbon Event
A Red Ribbon event is a community hosted event which is used to raise much needed funds and generate awareness around the work we do. These events are typically held in the weeks leading up to the Walk. By becoming a Red Ribbon Partner, your organization has the opportunity to be featured on our social media sites, in our weekly e-blasts and website communications which are seen by thousands of people within the Toronto area.
If you’re hosting a Community or Red Ribbon Event, and would like to be featured on our Community Calendar, email us here.
Some ideas for a Red Ribbon event include:
• Donating a portion of ticket sales/cover fee to ACT on a pre-planned day (or week)
• Creating a “signature” drink, where the proceeds support the AIDS Walk
• Hosting an event like Dirty Bingo, karaoke or a Rupal’s Drag Race viewing party
• Hosting a Walk Day “after-party” and donating a portion of the proceeds to support ACT
• “Passing the hat” or keeping a donation box at your location for public donations
If these options aren’t feasible, there are other ways to involve your organization in the Walk:
Create/Register a Team or Walk as an Individual!
Fundraise and walk with us! You can organize a team to represent your organization. Many teams show up in their corporate colours, t-shirts and other creative items.
Donate to the Walk!
Prizes for top walkers, as well as swag and other give-aways for Walk participants are great ways to contribute to this fundraiser while growing your business.
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating this year’s AIDS Walk! Your participation is vital in demonstrating visible support for people within our community living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. If you have any questions, please contact Joelle Ferreira, Donor Relations Cooordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a Red Ribbon Event Letter of Agreement